Using Argan Oil on Your Hair before You Flat Iron and Other Unknown Tips for a Knock-Out Hairstyle
Soft, shiny, sleek and straight. With a hairstyle as chic as this, you can look good in almost anything. Hey, you could even wear a sack and still manage to look great! Unfortunately, getting the results you want when you straighten your hair can be a challenge. You need to learn the proper technique and use Argan oil on your hair before you flat iron to make it work. Yes, you read it right. Using Argan oil on your hair before you flat iron can help you achieve the look you want – every time!
Argan Oil and Flat Iron: A Perfect Match
Why should you consider using Argan oil on your hair before you flat iron? Well, the reason is really quite simple. Argan oil is a rich source of nutrients (such as antioxidants, essential fatty acids, and vitamin E) that work by nourishing your hair strands inside and out while protecting it from heat damage.
In addition, Argan oil has a high smoke or burning point (the temperature at which the oil starts producing a continuous blue smoke). Unlike other natural oils which start to break down at 300oF or lower, Argan oil can withstand higher temperatures (smoke point = 420oF) so you can safely use it as a heat protectant. By using Argan oil, you won’t fry your hair while using a straightening iron or curling wand. Isn’t that what you’ve been looking for all along?
So, does this mean that you can use any other oil to protect your hair when styling your hair? Well, the short answer would be no. Hair experts do not recommend using natural oils with low burning points since these oils produce huge amounts of free radicals and other harmful chemicals when heated past their smoke points. They can also produce flammable gases so applying these on your hair while using hot styling tools can lead to disastrous results.
Are you starting to see why Argan oil is now considered as the gold standard in the hair and skin care industry? Well, that’s just for starters. Here are some other good reasons why Argan oil works best when heat styling your hair.
- Argan oil makes styling easier.
- It prevents split ends and hair breakage.
- It adds moisture back into the hair strands and makes hair more manageable.
- Your hair is left with a smoother and shinier finish.
Get It Perfectly Straight! How to Flat Iron Your Hair like a Pro
You can’t just turn on your flat iron, run it through your hair and expect to get the results you want. It doesn’t work that way. To get lustrous, silky soft, straight hair, you need to learn how to do it right. Follow this no-fail step-by-step guide and be impressed with the results.
- Clean hair thoroughly before ironing. Use a smoothing or moisturizing shampoo and conditioner to remove dirt and traces of old products while providing much-needed moisture to your hair.
- Dry it right. Avoid rubbing your hair vigorously with a towel to prevent frizz. Instead, squeeze excess moisture and pat hair dry gently using a microfiber towel and let it air dry (up to 80% dry) before blow drying. If you have a lot of time to spare, consider wet wrapping your hair to add volume and shape. However, if you’re running out of time and can’t wait to dry your hair before styling it, you can rough dry your hair until it is about 80% dry then let it air dry or blow it out for a silkier finish. Just make sure the nozzle faces downwards or you’ll end up with a nasty frizz
- Apply hair protectant. By using Argan oil on your hair before you flat iron, you can protect your strands from the heat, add moisture and shine to your hair and reduce frizz all at the same time! For best results, apply protectant to damp hair.
- Divide hair into sections. Instead of grabbing random clumps of hair, iron your hair one section at a time. Sections should be one to two inches thick so you can easily straighten your hair with fewer passes. Hold the upper layer of hair using a clip and start working on the sections in the lower layer. Using a fluid and steady motion, glide the straightening iron from the roots to the ends. Iron one section at a time and place the straightener as close to the roots as possible.
- Top it off with a good quality serum. Work a hair serum through your hair once you’re done to add shine and tame any errant flyways.
- Make sure your hair can handle the heat. You can only get the results you want if you have perfectly healthy hair to start with. Well-conditioned and moisturized hair can take the heat without damaging your hair while heat styling dry, brittle hair will produce devastating results.
- Slow and steady wins the race. Flat ironing works best when you’re not in a rush so make sure you have enough time to do it right.
- Use the right brush. Instead of plastic brushes, use one with boar bristles and nylon mix for a smoother finish.
- Use the best tool. Why use an ordinary hair straightener when you can use something better? The Argan Oil Vapor Flat IronTM is an advanced, professional style hair straightening tool that features an innovative and restorative infusion vapor system that provides intense structural conditioning to your hair.
For Perfectly Straight Hair, Use Argan Oil on Your Hair before You Flat Iron
You want to get perfectly straight, smooth and manageable hair whenever you use your straightening iron. That’s why you need to use a high quality Argan oil heat protectant while styling it. However, please be aware that not all Argan oil hair care products are created equal.
If you want to make sure you’re getting the highest quality hair care products available in the market today, try The Ultimate Moroccan Argan Oil! We have everything you need to keep your hair in excellent condition.
We offer a live customer service from 9 AM to 5 PM CST so if you wish to ask any questions about any of our products, just pick up your phone and dial 888-377-9187 or use the Contact Form on our website. You may also connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.